Thursday, August 25, 2011

Josh's Mommy Date

For Josh's date I decided to take him to Jambo, an indoor amusement park. They have games, small rides and mini golf which is Josh's favorite. We woke up on a Saturday morning and Josh was so excited to go on a special date his face was just beaming. We even brought special cookies for just us to eat in the car.









We had fun for a couple of hours and then my poor Joshua was playing in a jump house type area and face planted on one of the sides. When he came up he screaming and gushing blood everywhere. His tooth had split open his lip. After cleaning him up I knew he needed a few stitches to keep it closed so it would heal. I called Michael and had him tell me where the nearest urgent care that took our insurance was. We went to a Nextcare which I never have good experiences with, but went anyways since they advertise that they do stitches. I waited 1 hour in the waiting room with Joshua crying and bleeding and everyone just looking at me "can't you shut your kid up." When we finally got back to the room the doctor came back and instantly told me he didn't do stitches on pediatric patients. Really no one could have told me that when I checked in or waited for an hour. So we got back in our car and drove to Mendy's Place at John C. Lincoln. The experience was wonderful, we got back into a room right away and doctor came to see us within 10 minutes. Josh was more brave than I've seen any 4 year old be. He didn't even need to be wrapped or held down, he layed perfectly still and only whimpered once when they stitching the lip.

Well now his lip is healed and I need to find a day to take him back to Jambo so we can finish using his tokens.







No comments:

Post a Comment