I don't usually share my negative thoughts on here but I need to get this off my chest. I'm sure some of you out there are getting into extreme couponing and I am really pro coupon use but its just getting to be too much. I use coupons from my Sunday paper, off the internet and use them effectively with the in store ads. I just only buy a couple of each product that I actually need. So this is my beef with this new trend:
1. products get wiped of the shelf because the extreme couponer in front of you just bought 30 tubes of sausage and you can't get the 2 you wanted to cook for dinner
2. someone is always fighting with the cashier holding up the line because they weren't able to use all 4 of there coupons on the same product
3. and the one that really pushed me over the edge, my sunday newspaper is getting stolen for its coupons!!!!!
I think extreme couponing pushes people to be more dishonest than they would ordinarily be, because they are so driven to get everything for free. When I watch the show it seems so obvious to me that this is a form of hoarding and not just being a smart shopper.
I've seen that show several times and while it looks completely awesome to get so much stuff for free, I never understand why someone would need 99 bottles of mustard and 20 bottles of tobasco sauce. I mean really, it is great that they got it for free, but are they really going to use that. I haven't ever had an issue with it when I have gone to the grocery store, but it sounds like you might have. Sorry.
ReplyDelete