Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birth Day!

Our sweet Avery finally made it on Monday February 28th at 11:09 am. I started having some stronger contractions early Monday morning around 4 am, they were about 10 minutes apart but I decided to start getting ready to go in case my labor really kicked in. We dropped the boys off and arrived at St. Joes by 7 am. It was a relief to be at the hospital. I was only dilated to a 3-4cm and had contractions every 6 to 7 minutes so it didn't quite seem like full blown labor yet but they were going to keep me since I have fast labors and we live far away.
Before my doctor came in to break my water 2 people checked with ultrasound to see if she was head down. Both thought what they were looking at was the back of the head. My water started to leak with my contractions but then my doctor came in and broke them the rest of the way. And then my labor kicked into to high gear with super strong contractions, I got an epidural in within 30 minutes.
My nurse decided to check me after I got the epidural and I was already 6-7 cm dilated, but surprise what she felt was a butt and definitely not a head. She ran to tell my doctor who was in the middle of another c-section at the time. We had to wait about 40 minutes for that c-section to finish up and the room to get ready for us. I was very uncomfortable and started getting the shakes and feeling pressure so I knew I was probably dilating all the way. They got me to the OR room and gave me more medicine through my epidural. They got the c-section going as quick as possible because I was completely dilated and her little bum was coming down. Someone had to push her back up the other way to get her out.
But she came out and was a healthy 7lbs 3oz. I feel like all my babies have to make a dramatic entrance, but really it was a blessing her being breech stalled my labor long enough for us to get to the hospital on time.



Here is my hubby getting dressed for the OR.

Mommy finally gets to hold Avery in recovery.

Daddy enjoying his sweet little girl.

Avery getting ready for a bath.








2 comments:

  1. happy happy birthday baby avery! what an entrance! i am so glad you made it to the hospital on time and that everything went well for you. how are you feeling now leslie? our thoughts are with you guys and your family of 5!!!!! so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see pictures! I can already tell that she looks more like Leslie and Josh, so far. Next time you should just camp at the hospital at 38wks for good measure. We're just happy all is well. Hope to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete