Day 3 of our trip we slept in a little bit to recover from the day before. Avery and I walked across the street to the outlet mall and did a bit of shopping, while Michael got stuff ready for the beach. Usually we play on Mission Beach since we are familiar with it and there are lots of services available, but this day we decided to try Oceanside since it was close to where we were staying.
Michael got to wear his new wet suit and then he rented some for the boys in hopes of keeping them a little bit warmer. They weren't quite tight on the boys so they still got a little bit cold.

Michael also got a body board and took the boys out to ride the waves for a few hours.

Our friends the Pobsts live up in Huntington Beach and drove down to hang out with us. Michael had a good time playing in the water with Matt.

And this is where the pictures end! Just a few minutes later a huge wave came up to where we were sitting and submerged my bag that had our cameras and Michael's droid phone. We were set up about 10 feet from the highest point of the tide, I assumed the if the tide was coming up it would give us a little bit of warning. Well it didn't, it came up with full force past where we were sitting. Our electronics got drenched with salt water and were actually filled with sand when we took them apart. Even though this was very unfortunate, we have a lot to be thankful for. I was holding Avery where as before she was laying on a towel by herself. I didn't see the wave coming but I was able to hold her up and at least keep her head above water. She would have gotten really hurt if she had been by herself, so in the end all is well we will just replace our electronics and move on.
We went to the Oceanside beach last year and I really enjoyed it. Too bad about your electronics but good thing you were holding Avery, that would have been scary.
ReplyDelete