I thought I would share a dinner idea for anyone out there who needs one. A couple times a month I buy a whole roasting chicken, they usually only cost around $4, this week though I got one for $2.25 cents. I'll make one dinner from the whole roasted chicken and then shred the leftovers for another meal.
Roast chicken recipes:
Pesto Chicken- rub pesto (jarred or homemade) inside and outside of chicken and cook for 1 hour at 400
Dr. Pepper Chicken- Pour out half a can of Dr. Pepper, position chicken standing up with can most of the way in the cavity. Then rub the chicken with a mixture of brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and chili powder. I usually set this guy standing up on the grill on med-high for about an hour.
Lemon Herb Chicken- salt and pepper chicken, fill cavity with lemon halves, garlic and any fresh herbs you have like thyme, rosemary or sage. Pat outside of chicken with olive oil or butter and cook at 375 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Then later in the week I use shredded chicken for:
Chicken tortilla soup
Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
Chicken enchiladas
Have fun cooking!
Yummy Yummy thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete